Bคภคภค Oคt๓єคl C๏๏кเєร
This week was a rough week for baking. It seemed no matter what I made it either didn’t turn out or I burnt them in the oven. It was not good.
I had an overabundance of bananas in the freezer and was trying to find things to make with them aside from banana bread. I thought I would make a banana custard for a Banana Cream Pie. Well, that was a disaster. I didn’t cook the custard long enough so it didn’t set, so I had to throw it out.
I came across a recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies Life Love and Sugar and thought why not try these. As my luck would have it the first 2 pans I baked I burnt! I had garbage full of banana custard and the house smelt like burnt banana cookies. Like I said it was rough.
The other pans of cookies turned out (thankfully) and I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. Very moist and they have lots of flavors.
I hope you have enjoy these and none of your cookies burn!
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp cornstarch
3 cups old-fashioned oats
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas until well combined. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Stir in oats.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten dough a little bit, into thick discs. They will spread a little when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges just start to golden. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.